The long wait is about to be over for Apple fanatics as the most anticipated product launch is just around the corner.
The tech giant has been very secretive about what they have in store for us; however, tech industry observers have some ideas.
First, Apple is expected to launch a pair of newer iPhones, and it is rumored that they are bigger than their predecessors, measuring 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches.
Second, the company is also expected to launch mobile wallet available with the new iPhone. And lastly, the one that is creating a lot of buzz, Apple is rumored to unveil its own smartwatch, the company’s very first attempt to enter the wearable devices arena.
While people familiar with the situation have given the slip, all of these are just rumors and speculations at this point. In a couple of days we will know for sure, but until then, here are a few things that consumers and users would like to expect from the product launch.
– Water-resistant exteriors: Apple’s biggest rivalry in smartphones, Samsung Galaxy S5, is both dust-resistant and water-resistant for up to 1 meter of water. We can’t come up with any excuse and reason why Apple has not yet done the same for its iPhones.
– Scratch-resistant iPhone screens: after several smartphones, Apple still needs to convince us that they have built stronger iPhone screens. Current iPhones are still prone to scratches and cracks and the company can avoid this by using scratch-resistant screens – the same sapphire material used to cover the Touch ID fingerprint sensor on iPhone 5S.
– A stand-alone smartwatch: several companies have already attempted to introduce consumers to their own versions of smartwatches but so far, not one has managed to catch on with consumers. The reason? Most of the smartwatches merely act like a second screen for your smartphones. They need to be connected to another device to get the most benefit from them. Apple can up their game by introducing a smartwatch that can do things on its own and communicate independently with other devices.
– Mobile payment system that consumers will actually use: while mobile payments have already been around for years, people have not yet caught on them and we expect Apple to reintroduce this system more effectively. According to people familiar with the matter, the company was already in agreement with major banks and credit card companies about an iPhone-based payment system. Apple already has more than 800 million credit cards on file from its iTunes and App Store accounts so it already has a huge customer base for the mobile wallet.
– Mobile wallet that’s easy to use: by easy, we mean both for the consumers and retailers. The success of the company’s mobile payment system will rely on having a convenient and easier way for retailers to accept payments from Apple.
All of these may seem like a lot to ask but when it comes to Apple, expectations are always high. Luckily, we only have to wait a day to find out if any of these will be answered by the company during their product launch tomorrow.