Franchise Tax Board has the responsibility of administration of the two major tax programs of California which are Corporation Tax and Personal Income Tax. The function of the Board is to give the information and services to provide the assistance to the taxpayers in filing the tax return in an accurate and timely manner. The Tax Board administers the Revenue and Taxation code.
You can enjoy the online services of FTB by registering yourself with it. Through this online registration the users may be able to view the payments and cancel schedule payment, check the information of account for both individuals and businesses, the phone numbers and addresses may be updated or FTB issued1099s can be viewed.
To get yourself registered, simple instructions must be followed which are;
Firstly you require a computer that must have access to the internet. Along with that, you must have a social security number which is to be provided during the process of registration.
- Open the main website of the FTB which is www.ftb.ca.gov
- Being an old member you can see the option of “Login” at your right corner and enter your user ID and password but if you do not have an account, then you will have to register yourself with it and for that you have to click on the “Register” button.
- Clicking on the Register button will open the new page and you will then have to enter your name, address, email address, User ID, password and your social security number.
- If you are registering for your business, then type of company and account is to be entered. After giving all the information, click on “Submit”.
- You will have to follow the further steps to complete your process of registration in which you will be asked to give some more information and select a security question.