US Treasury Department has passed out a new rule that all receiver of federal benefits have to change their payment method from paper check to electronic payment mode. If you are still using paper check method then you have to switch now to electronic payment mode in order to receive all benefits on time before last date. If you are using saving account you have to consider option of direct deposit else choose Direct express card. Electronic payment system is more reliable than paper check. You need to follow given below set of instructions to change your payment mode online.
What are the requirements to change mode of payment?
- You must own a PC with internet access
- You should be receiving payments through check.
- Keep 12 digits federal benefit check number
- Access website of Go Direct
What are Steps of Instructions to change mode of payment?
- Open official website of Go Direct at www.godirect.org
- Visit home page of website and find a section of “SWTICH NOW” located on left side of web page.
- Once you have find it read introductory information in detail and select desired method from given options of direct deposit or direct express prepaid.
- If you are having bank account then you have select option of “Get direct deposit” and this click will bring another window where you have to provide all registration information as required.
- If you don’t have your bank account hit a click on option which is labeled as “Get Direct express card”
- Follow all online guides to finish the whole process. If you have any query or need any guidance feel free to visit FAQ web page.