Defense Finance and Accounting Service has been serving the people who are defending the United States. DFAS has the goal to accomplish the fiscal responsibilities and gives the surety to the taxpayers that the funds which are being provided to DFAS are accounted for in an appropriate manner. It has been working to make the financial and accounting functions of the Defense better and strong.
You can create your account and login through which you will be able to apply for the retirement plan and manage it very easily. You can also apply for disability entitlements and more benefits as well.
How a myPay Account can be created?
- Visit the webpage www.mypay.dfas.mil which is the official website of the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.
- Those who have an account can simply login but if you do not have an account, you first have to make a request for the temporary password. For that, you have to click on “Forgot or Need a password”?
- Then you need to give your security number and click on “Yes” which can be found at the right bottom of the page.
- Select the option “mail to my address of record with Military Retired” and then click on “Send me a Password”. In this way your temporary password will be created.
- Now come back to myPay main page and click on “Create an Account” to create the permanent password by using the one you have made as temporary.
- Here you have to provide your social security number and the temporary password and click on the “Accept” button.
- It will apt you for the creation of the permanent Login ID and password.
- To make your account secure, you have to give answers to 8 security questions in case you forget your password. You can reset your password through these questions whenever you need it.
- Click on “Submit Questions” and then give answers to all of them. After answering them, click on “Submit Answers”.
- At you upper right corner, you can the “Main” option. Select it and you can start using your myPay account.